- What will we do with all this "white space"?
09/26/10 11:15 AM
There’s a vote coming up this week in Washington that will have a big impact on how (more...)
- Can social networks help prevent the flu?
09/20/10 02:43 AM
The flu season is just around the corner. Sorry, but it’s true. Even though H1N1 (more...)
- The Wikipedia entry on the Iraq War in 12 handy bound volumes
09/17/10 01:02 AM
US forces in Iraq were part of a firefight in the city of Fallujah on Thursday. At least (more...)
- Free public domain classical music on the way
09/16/10 06:00 AM
Soon, you’ll be given a library of classical music played by symphony orchestras for (more...)
- Microsoft and political repression in Russia
09/15/10 06:00 AM
The New York Times recently reported that Russian authorities were raiding the offices of (more...)
- Your car and your concentration are at issue in Washington
09/14/10 06:00 AM
The U.S. Department of Transportation will hold a Distracted Driving Summit next week. (more...)
- What if you could declare online reputation bankruptcy?
09/13/10 06:00 AM
- Machine translates brain waves into words.
09/10/10 08:06 AM
The idea of a computer being able to read your thoughts and translate them into words seems (more...)
- Judge makes it harder for feds to see your cell phone records
09/09/10 09:31 AM
New developments in who gets to see your cell phone information. A federal appeals court (more...)
- Craigslist censors self, decries censorship
09/08/10 08:38 AM
Craigslist has taken down the “adult services” section of its site. This after (more...)
Hi everyone. John Moe here. Starting Monday, September 20th, Future Tense will be going by the name Marketplace Tech Report.
Producer Larissa Anderson and I have been working closely with the folks at Marketplace ever since we took over Future Tense in May. It’s worked out great. We’ve helped them, they’ve helped us, and together we’ll find more stories you’ll want to hear. Basically, we loved Marketplace so much we married them. And kind of took their name too. Is it creepy to compare two radio shows to a married couple? Sorry about that.
As part of the Marketplace portfolio of programs (along with Marketplace, Marketplace Morning Report, and Marketplace Money), Marketplace Tech Report will keep bringing you stories that explain news and trends and technology and what it all means to you. We’ll be moving to a new simpler URL: marketplacetech.org, which will go live over the weekend. We’ll be bringing our entire archive of past shows and blog posts with us but in the meantime, we’re leaving futuretense.publicradio.org up so you can access the show archives from there as well.
- Google and competition
09/17/10 02:40 PM
- Bronado is the new Double Rainbow
09/17/10 12:53 PM
- Best Buy CEO: iPads are murdering laptops
09/17/10 12:02 PM
- New marketing: getting it right, getting it wrong
09/17/10 11:16 AM
- CROWS USE TOOLS, EAT HEALTH FOOD
09/17/10 11:09 AM
- 102.5 mpg vehicle wins the X Prize
09/16/10 04:45 PM
- Halo Reach pulls in 200 million dollars in first day
09/16/10 02:04 PM
- Oakley to release 3D eyewear
09/16/10 11:13 AM
- Internet Explorer 9 beta launches
09/15/10 05:49 PM